#gunn would learn that most of angel’s plans involved walking #real quick walking #dramatic walking eel pivot #the coat flap #in alleys #in office hallways #angel might not knowwhat he would do when he got there
Gunn graduated with a major in dumb planning from Angel University
kasuchi asked: WHAT IF N AVENGERS 2 STEVE JUST PICKS UP MJOLNIR (MYUMYU) AND HANDS IT TO THOR LIKE "NBD HERE BRO." I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN.
oh. my. god. I NEED THIS SO MUCH.
so, avengers & co. are milling about post-skirmish, and everybody’s just gathering their shit together and regrouping
steve casually picks up mjolnir and helpfully hands it over to thor, and spends the next thirty minutes dealing with the complete emotional wreckage caused by this totally innocuous gesture
- thor & loki: freaking out quietly but powerfully, with the kind of wide-eyed disbelief and unnatural stillness that promises a lot of yelling & booming thunder & green-tinged lightning as soon as they recover their wits
- tony: prolonged hysterics over comms, just totally infuriated incomprehensible ranting. mjolnir has infuriated tony for ages - it’s a fucking fancy hunk of space rock, how does it fucking know who is worthy! how does it even determine what ‘worthiness’ constitutes! it’s an affront to science and dignity and american manhood, is what it is. and now steve rogers, who gets up tony’s nose more than anybody else he has ever met, just…picks up thor’s judgy magic god hammer like it’s nothing? tony is done. tony has no words. (that’s a lie: tony has ALL THE WORDS, and LOUDLY.)
- clint: cracking up in the background and egging on tony’s hysterics; this is the most fun he’s had all month
- lady sif: her disbelief unnerves steve even more than thor & loki; he’s come to expect a certain level of weirdness and emotional melodrama from those two, but not sif. steve likes sif. she’s a badass warrior goddess, she’s great in a fight and she’s very nice. one time they were training together and she even let him hold her glaive! they’re totally bros. warrior bros. but now she’s just staring and it’s freaking him out.
- natasha: suspected all along that steve could, but to have it confirmed…she quietly loses it, tucks herself in against steve’s side and giggles helplessly into his shoulder; she’s not surprised, it’s just…a small part of her is still waiting for steve to undercut her faith in him. but steve, annoying golden bastard that he is, keeps proving her right about him, and she doesn’t know what to do with that. (steve just looks down at her helplessly; he always likes hearing her laugh but this loss of composure unnerves him more than anything else.)
- sam & bruce: mystified. utterly mystified. hulk just blinks and sam dryly congratulates steve on his amazing hammer-lifting prowess.
- jane: rushes at steve, almost tripping over herself in her excitement and getting all up in steve’s personal space as she pokes mjolnir and pokes steve, who actually leans back in a futile effort to escape the torrent of incomprehensible science babble
- darcy: the only person in steve’s vicinity who (a) seems to understand the fuss and (b) doesn’t seem unduly put out by it. steve finds this tentatively reassuring right up until she grins widely, makes at least five filthy jokes about his inner purity, and asks for a fistbump.
sif is the first one to finally pull herself together and explain the whole ‘worthy of mjolnir’ thing; steve doesn’t even know where to look or what to do, he just goes bright red and stammers, while natasha giggles even harder and tony’s voice climbs up another octave
sam, perched on hulk’s shoulder and listening with increasing amusement, starts cracking up and actually tumbles right off while steve stares at him with betrayal writ large across his face, ET TU, SAM?, and sam is now laughing so hard he’s actually gasping for breath(bucky hears about it last, after the initial furor dies down, and he just grins at steve, bright and knowing and unsurprised. steve hasn’t seen that smile in years; the whole day’s embarrassment, including tony’s continued muttered ranting, is worth it for that alone)
Bucky is thinking about how the little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb to run away from a fight could have lifted Mjolnir just as easily.
(That said, while I don’t doubt Steve could lift the hammer, I think it’d be cooler to have some random kid come up to Thor and be like “Hey Mister, you dropped this.” Or someone in a fast food worker uniform, or a janitor’s jumpsuit. Or a homeless person. Basically anybody that we as a society dismiss, disparage, or ignore.)
|Parent to child at the library:||Shhh...remember what we said about being loud in the library?|
|Child:||We'll wake up the books.|
Soothing female narrator; music that’s trying so hard to be unobtrusive and calming that it winds up creeping you out instead; animation of some kind that may or may not be combined with live action; how this anti-depressant is different from other anti-depressants; how they think the drug works; list of terrible side effects [usually including the symptoms you’d be taking the medication to avoid]; but talking to your doctor about it makes you immune; the end.
people who dislike the black widow because of her outfit and see her as nothing but a “leather-clad asskicking femme fatale” are weak and will be sorted out by natural selectionPeople who dislike the black widow because of her outfit and see her as nothing but a “leather-clad asskicking femme fatale” but think Batman is awesome, because “he’s kicking ass despite the absence of superpowers” are weak and will be sorted out by natural selection
get to know me meme: [1/5] favorite female characters
"It’s not obedience, Mr. Beckett; it’s respect." - Mako Mori
#i will reblog every single fucking iteration of this line #mako mori fucking up your ethnocentrism #mako mori isn’t ashamed to value family and elders #mako mori doesn’t give a fuck about your indidvidualistic white ideals #mako mori will do whatever it takes #mako mori will stand down #mako mori will stand up #mako mori will live through life altering trauma #mako mori will carry every single horrific memory with her into battle #and mako mori will slay all the beasts #mako mori #forever
#imagine scott mccall meeting steve rogers though #maybe on a school trip to washington or something #and he expects to be all dorky and fanboyish over steve #and instead steve is all down-to-earth and friendly #and scott just finds himself asking for advice #how to be a leader #how to make the tough decisions #how to remain a good person in the face of intensely dangerous circumstances #and steve doesn’t need any help to tell him there’s more going on here than meets the eye #and he says things to scott which make him feel … not so much better #but more understanding #and more accepting of his responsibilities #and when finstock calls for scott to get his ass back with the others #steve and scott shake hands before leaving (via everythingisbetterwithbisexuals)
What Does S.H.I.E.L.D. Stand For?
Annie J. Easley: Why she kicks ass
When people have their biases and prejudices, yes, I am aware. My head is not in the sand. But my thing is, if I can’t work with you, I will work around you. I was not about to be so discouraged that I’d walk away. That may be a solution for some people, but it’s not mine.
- She was an computer scientist, mathematician and rocket scientist, who worked for the Lewis Research Center of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and its predecessor, the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA). She was a leading member of the team which developed software for the Centaur rocket stage and one of the first African-Americans in her field.
- As part of the Jim Crow laws that established and maintained racial inequality, African Americans were required to pass an onerous literacy test and pay a poll tax in order to vote. She remembers the test giver looking at her application and saying only, “You went to Xavier University. Two dollars.” Subsequently, she helped other African Americans prepare for the test.
- She began her career in as a Mathematician and Computer Engineer at the NACA Lewis Flight Propulsion Laboratory (which became NASA Lewis Research Center, 1958–1999, and subsequently the John H. Glenn Research Center) in Cleveland, Ohio. She continued her education while working for the agency and in 1977, she obtained a Bachelor of Sciencein Mathematics from Cleveland State University. As part of a continuing education, Easley worked through specialization courses offered by NASA.
- Her 34-year career included developing and implementing computer code that analyzed alternative power technologies, supported Centaur, determined solar, wind and energy projects, identified energy conversion systems and alternative systems to solve energy problems. Her energy assignments included studies to determine the life use of storage batteries, such as those used in electric utility vehicles. Her computer applications have been used to identify energy conversion systems that offer the improvement over commercially available technologies. She retired in 1989 (some sources say 1991).
- Easley’s work with the Centaur project helped as technological foundations for the space shuttle launches and launches of communication, military and weather satellites. Her work contributed to the 1997 flight to Saturn of the Cassini probe, which was launched by the Centaur.
- Annie Easley was interviewed in Cleveland, on August 21, 2001 by Sandra Johnson.The interview is stored in the National Aeronautics and Space Administration Johnson Space Center Oral History Program. The 55 page interview transcript includes material on the history of the Civil Rights Movement, Glenn Research Center, Johnson Space Center, space flight, and the contribution of women to space flight.